Teeth are important. A healthy set of teeth not only helps you show off a fantastic smile, but it also helps you maintain good overall health. The absence of a tooth or multiple teeth can make common tasks such as chewing and speaking much more difficult.The National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) reports that…
Tips for Fast Recovery After Tooth Removal
Tooth removal is popular and usually recommended when there is a significant injury to the tooth or in cases of severe tooth decay. The process of recovery after having a tooth removed is a concern for people are about to undergo the process or have done it. In this article, we covered a few tips that may improve the rate of recovery and minimize discomfort.
Tooth removal process does not end after the teeth have been removed. There are some precautions and rules for recovery, which often entails that you to do some things and shun some activities.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Tooth Recovery
Things to do
- Ensure you take every medication prescribed by the dentist at the right time
- Ensure you replace the gauze placed on it in time to prevent infections
- Ensure you only eat foods that are easy on the teeth
- Drink milkshakes and juices
- Taking ice cream can also help with recovery.
- Ensure you keep your head in an elevated position always – do not lie down at all
Things to avoid
- Try as much as possible to stay away from smoking, chewing tobacco, and alcohol consumption since they are activities that can cause injury to the teeth and gums and halt the process of recovery.
- Do not use straws when drinking as the sucking can draw the blood clot out of the extraction point, which can be painful and cause infection.
- Try not to suck on lollipops and toffees – the sucking can affect the extraction area.
- Stay away from hard foods or foods that need hard biting because it can injure the affected areas and make recovery even more difficult.
- Do not drink hot food or beverages, as they could injure your nerves – let them cool down a bit.
- Avoid anything that may cause your gums to bleed or dry up.
A quick glance at the instructions above and you will discover the process is just a process of taking extra care of yourself – consuming good food and staying comfortable. The activities that must be avoided may seem a little hard for people with the habit of smoking, tobacco chewing, chewing candies, or alcohol consumption. Patients must follow the precautions strictly to improve their chances of a full recovery.
What is the catch?
The tooth removal recovery process is easy and fast if you decide to rest and avoid things that could worsen the situation. The affected area will heal on its own without interference. Typically, the first stage of healing should happen between one or two weeks. With time, new bone and gum tissue will develop over the space.
In some cases, missing a tooth can cause your remaining teeth to shift because of the new pressure on them. The dentist can fix this by substituting the missing teeth with implants or bridges.
If you develop complications like infection or dry socket, you must reach out to the dentist as soon as you can, and they will provide you with the necessary solution. If the area bleeds, aches, or feels different, do not hesitate to visit the dentist.
Request a dental appointment here: https://advanceddentistryatcenturysquare.com or call Advanced Dentistry at Century Square at (206) 292-9900 for an appointment in our Seattle dental office.
Tooth decay is one of the most common dental issues dentists treat. The early stages of decay can be difficult to detect, but it will eventually lead to some serious dental problems if left unaddressed.Tooth decay is caused by acids that are present in your mouth. Some of these acids come from the things you…
If you damage a tooth or wake up with a sudden toothache, you need the help of an emergency dentist in Seattle. There is no reason for you to live with dental discomfort, excessive bleeding or pain when you can visit our dental office right away. We do not make you wait two or three…
We perform cosmetic dental surgery on a regular basis, primarily to place dental implants. This is the best way to replace missing teeth for several reasons. Primarily, your new tooth will look amazing, feel amazing, and be incredibly secure. When you go to eat, it will remain in place. If you want to jump around,…